Friday, February 13, 2009

Chula Vista



I recently arrived in Chula Vista, CA for a block of warm weather training. Colorado Springs was a bit chilly and I didn't want to be cooped up running on treadmills and riding on the indoor trainer when I could have the option to train in a warmer climate.

The running trails out here seem endless compared to what I have access to in CO. I mostly prefer to run right out the door vs driving a long ways to run or ride so Chula Vista has a lot to offer in that sense. Not to mention the food in the cafeteria and world class track on site is awesome. The riding in exceptional. Some triathletes think riding on Otay Lakes get boring but I beg to differ. Anything beats stop and go riding.

My goal is to improve on my run and so far I'm on the right track. The first real test will be the Mooloolaba World Cup on March 29.

No comments: