Thursday, February 12, 2009

2nd place: Fast Triathlon

I went down to Brazil again for the Fast Triathlon this year. Here's some advice on Brazilian Visas: If you would like a 5 year Visa instead of a 90-day Visa and get it for the same price, just write a handwritten note saying how much you love to visit Brazil and plan on going back several times... I didn't do this but everyone I know that has a 5 year Visa did. I gotta do this for next time cause these Visas take up an entire page and then some in my passport.

So the Fast Triathlon: in Guarujá, São Paulo state of Brazil.

3 short triathlons (~250m swim, ~5K bike, ~1200m run) spaced out 15 minutes apart. The distances aren't very accurate. I think the run was actually 1236m according to Ben's Garmin.
6 teams of 3 men each. Early season, so the only guys doing any sort of interval training are the Brazilians. In the 3 races I took 2nd, 2nd, and I think the last was 4th. It was hard, but a ton of fun. I crashed last year, so it was nice to keep the rubber side down the whole time this time around...

Here's a link to the news story with some videos of the 3 races.
http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Esporte_Espetacular/0,,MUL981270-16321,00-TRIO+DO+BRASIL+FATURA+MAIS+UM+TITULO+NO+MUNDIALITO+MASCULINO+DE+TRIATLO+RAP.html

During the Brazilian National Anthem


4-5-6-7-8-9! Mexico took 3rd behind us. Brazil won. They were too busy talking to the media to be in our sweet picture. Why is Paco and Ben the only ones not wearing their Fast Triathlon team issued Speedos?

Victor insisted we always pose for pictures in numerical order, just in case...for whatever reason.

I borrowed these pictures from Ben Collins. Check his site out at www.bencollins.org



Juraci Moreira clearly hasn't just been doing base training like me...

No comments: