Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years


Training has been going stellar the past few weeks. Last year at this time I was experiencing a minor setback that led to a whole chain of injuries throughout 2008 season. I tried doing things my way during 2008, some things worked, some didn't. After weighing my options, I figure I'll just sit back and do what my coach says vs my way. Learning the hard way sucks!

I've been back in Virginia Beach for the past few weeks. About to head back to sunny Colorado on Tuesday.
I went out for a ride yesterday morning, but before I left I checked the forecast and there was a wind advisory until 10PM. I figured whatever I like a good stiff crosswind every once in a while.

Turned out to be a serious cross wind. Gusts were out of the NW (I think) at 40MPH! Tailwinds were great but holding about 250 watts on a flat road and only going 10MPH was freakin' awesome. I wanted to try and take some cool pictures while riding with the camera on my phone but I probably would have been blown off the road in the ditch.....Virginia Beach and Chesapeake have almost no shoulders and deep ditches. Wish I could have seen myself hiked way over leaning into the wind in a crosswind.

Moral of the story: get out and ride on a windy day. If you make it back with out blowing sideways into something, you'll feel like you've conquered something

MC

No comments: